Monday, March 7, 2011

The start...

I want to get it out of the way early that I am *totally* against this HCG diet.  I have been telling people for months how it's completely unhealthy, that 500 calories a day aren't enough to keep cognitive brain function, etc. etc.  Ok, so, I am a hypocrite.  I still believe everything I have said, I just also believe that I need to drop these extra pounds immediately, so health is not my top priority anymore while doing it.

My mom, and the chiro she works for, are promoting this diet, and selling the drops.  I never thought my mom, of all people, would get behind something that seems so unhealthy and crazy, and I think the fact that she did helped me to push through all my hesitations and agree to do it.  That, and the 30 pounds in 30 days thing.  That's awesome.

So, I picked up the drops on Friday, I did my loading days Saturday and Sunday, and here it is - Monday, day 3, my first day on the VLCD, which stands for Very Low Calorie Diet.  I get black coffee or tea with stevia for breakfast, 3 oz. of chicken breast or steak with 1 cup of lettuce and an orange, apple or strawberries for lunch, and the same thing for dinner.  I can eat two Melba toasts a day.  That's it. 

The two loading days were awful.  There's nothing like being TOLD to eat a bunch of high-fat crap to make your stomach hurt.  I feel gross, and I am so excited to step on the scale next Monday and see 7 pounds or more dropped that quickly.  

Realistically, I have 50 to lose.  So I'd have to go through the reduce phase twice.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment