Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 12

It's been a few days since I have blogged.  I'm not very good with follow through, so my goal of posting every day was probably a sign of my tendency to over reach.  But, I'm here now, so...

The last few days have been small drops in weight, and a stall yesterday.  I was stuck at 11 altogether, and feeling kinda depressed about it.  After all the will power it took to resist having a drink or eating something naughty on Friday at Bunco and Saturday when we went out for a friend's 40th, I was expecting my body to reward me for being so strong.  It didn't.  I was a little depressed about that, I'll be honest. 

But, I stuck to protocol and did some research on breaking a stall.  I had been eating the same two protein choices and same two veggie choices every day, so I decided to mix it up a bit and splurged on some *really expensive* halibut and some organic asparagus.  Yesterday I switched up the foods, stuck to protocol, drank 2 gallons of water (yes, you read that correctly, 2 full gallons), 2 cups of green tea, 2 cups of Yerba Mate tea and a cup of smooth move tea.  I also took what is called a "detox bath" which is simply hot hot hot water with some epsom salts and baking powder.  Not totally sure how that helps, but I did it.  I thought with all that effort, I would have a big loss today.

I didn't.

1 pound.  I know I should be excited, a pound is still a pound, I am down 12 pounds in 12 days, and that is great.  But I am so far from my goal.  It's no longer thinking about how long I have to go without coffee, alcohol, sugar and carbs because I am completely satisfied in my diet now - no hunger, no real cravings (except the psychological ones) and I feel great... but I am still thinking, even at a pound a day, I have 38 pounds to get to goal.  And that's my conservative goal.  I would really like to be at 120-125, but I have set my conservative goal at 135.  I figure that's more reasonable.   38 pounds still sounds like so much... granted, not as much as 50 did, but still... even at these pound a day average losses, it still seems overwhelming.  I'm hoping that now that my stall is broken I will see the 160's really soon.  I am 13 pounds from that, so it could take me up to 2 weeks.  And even then, I still will have 25 to go!  See, it seems really overwhelming!

But, it IS working, I DO feel great, and I AM happy about the losses... one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment