Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another pound bites the dust....

After two days of 4 pound losses in a row, I have to admit that the 1 pound loss this morning was a little disheartening.  But, then I got some advice to think about the total and not the small step, and when I think about losing 9 pounds in 3 days, I am back to feeling really good about it.

I made great tasting food for my family the last couple of days... fish tacos, spaghetti with sage sausage sauce, waffles with strawberries and white chocolate cream, potstickers... the list goes on and on.  And, I have had no desire to eat it.  Does it smell good?  Absolutely.  Does my mouth want it?  Sure does.  But if I stop (for once in my life) and actually listen to my body and my stomach, I don't feel hungry.  I don't want to eat it.  I have even found myself craving fruits and veggies instead of sugars and carbs for the first time. 

I am excited to start seeing these pounds that are going away change my body and the way my clothes feel.  The headaches that I had occasionally the first few days are not totally gone.  I have tons of energy and feel happy and excited.

Sure, there is a big part of me (probably the psych student part) that believes in mind over matter and that part of my success here is psychosomatic.  Guess what, as all therapists will tell you, that's okay!  If the effect is positive for your life, it's not a bad thing to allow your mind to control your body.  And this is an excellent thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment